Dubai and the Fuji X

Today I will write a small blog entry about a visit to Dubai.
After visiting Paris and taking loads of pictures there my wife and I came home in the evening. The next afternoon we had to catch a train to the Airport in Munich from where our flight to Dubai departed.
At first I thought this would be very stressful but being prepared is everything.

Our suitcase for the visit to Dubai was pre packed so we could just drop in a few odds and be off.

Weeks before our two trips I thought twice which cameras to take. Two Paris I decided to just take the X100S as I knew we would be walking miles.
The visit to Dubai was not such an easy decision. Should I take the X-E1 and lenses, all my gear or just the X100S?

At the end of the day I took the following with me and this was just right.

Fuji X100S
Fuji X-E1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4
Walimex 8mm Fisheye

Included in the bag was the Fuji EF-X20 flash plenty of battery power for both cameras and enough SD cards to start a server going with SD cards. :-)


At first I thought that two cameras is one to many but I soon realized that both the Fuji X cameras work together perfectly.

We had a night flight to our destination. I personally am not too keen on night flights but this one rewarded me with a stunning shot.


We arrived at Dubai airport just after six o´clock in the morning and had a shuttle service to the hotel waiting for us.
The first day we just took time to relax and recharge our batteries from the near enough sleepless night flight.
On day two we got a taxi to the Dubai Mall which is situated just beneath the Burj Khalifa Tower which we had tickets booked to go up to the observation deck in the early evening.

First off I will start with some pictures taken inside the Dubai Mall.



















About half an hour before our booked visit to the "At the Top" observation deck we entered the entrance of the Burj Khalifa Tower.
This of course is not the main entrance of the tower itself. It is the entrance to the observation deck which is situated inside the Dubai Mall.

At this point I was happy that I had taken my fishey lens with me. I just love, love, love this lens.
If you are careful whilst using it the fisheye effect does not become to boring either.

Just lean back and enjoy the rest of the shots I took from the observation deck.





The next three pictures where taken using the Fuji XF 18-55mm lens. A great lens, very versatile, sharp and the AF is fast enough for me.
But if you scroll further you will see why I was so happy to have taken the Walimex fisheye with me.

Looking at Dubai from the Burj Khalifa observation deck. What a magnificant view.




And now take a look what this view looks like when using a fisheye lens.
How wide can it get.


 
 














 

With the fisheye lens you can capture a 828m high skyscraper without having to stich two or three pictures. Just awesome!!!



  



The last shot of the day shows the hotel Atlantis taken from our balcony using the gorilla pod. The problem with going to Dubai in June is the high humidity.


On the next post I will show you some long exposures our afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab and our visit to the creek and the souk.
I will also tell you a bit about the humidity and how the camera works in this type of climate.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

Be sure to come back

Thanks for your time

Stockografie

Kommentare

  1. Just superb photos, makes me want to visit dubai!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Nice shots, Daniel - looking forward to your souk shots, as that's an area that I frequently shoot in

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts